THE NORWICH DAY-BOOK.
The Norwich Day-Book is the name given by Jacobs and Wolf, Bibliotheca Anglo-Judaica, xviii., to four rolls preserved in the Muniment Room at Westminster Abbey, which contain the trans? actions of the Norwich Jewish Exchequer day by day for the years 9-11 Hen. III. The documents are mentioned in the Historical MSS. Commission, Fourth Report, Appendix, p. 182, and have hitherto been officially known as Nos. 140, 145, 147, and 157 ; these numbers being written in dorso of each in pencil. But according to Dr. Scott’s new catalogue now in process of making, they become Nos. 6686, 6687, 6673, and 9013 respectively. Dr. Scott describes No. 140 as follows: ” Register of bonds for loans due from Christians to Jews, December to April, 10 H. III.”?a description equally adequate for the remaining rolls, though the points in which No. 157 differs from the others will be noted later.ROLL Become a member to read the full article
Other articles within the volume
- THE JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND. 1907-1908.
- THE AMERICAN CELEBRATION
- THE WHITEHALL CONFERENCE : CELEBRATION OF THE 250th ANNIVERSARY
- THE NORWICH DAY-BOOK.
- THE JEWS OF IRELAND. AN HISTORICAL SKETCH.
- CALENDARS OF THE COACHING DAYS.
- THE DISRAELI FAMILY.1
- PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS. THE SCIENCE OF JEWISH HISTORY
- A NOTE ON THE BODLEIAN BOWL
- A LETTER OF MENASSEH BEN ISRAEL.
- THE BAAL SHEM OF LONDON
- THE LOST TRIBES AND THE RETURN OF THE JEWS TO ENGLAND.
- JEWS AND CORONATIONS.
- SIR I. SPIELMANN’S PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS AND ITS SEQUEL
- NOTES ON LEICESTER JEWRY
- THE JEWRY OF THE RESTORATION. 1660-1664
- MR. F. D. MOCATTA’S PRESIDENTIAL ADDRESS. THE WANDERINGS OF THE JEWS.
- The Jewish Obituaries in the “Gentleman’s Magazine”: [Corrigenda and Addenda]
- A Sabbathaian Will from New York
- Tentative List of Jewish Underwriting Members of Lloyd’s (from some time prior to 1800 until the year 1901)
- The Jewish Fellows of the Royal Society: Paper read before the Jewish Historical Society of England, 15th December, 1947
- Three Letters of Anglo-Jewish Interest
- Jewish Entries in the “Curia Regis Rolls” and Elsewhere
- The following is a selected list of the published writings of Elkan Nathan Adler. It is based mainly on a longer list compiled by Mr. A. Schischa under the direction of the late Elkan Adler :?
- Elkan Nathan Adler: In Memoriam: An Address delivered before The Jewish Historical Society, on 14th November, 1946