THE JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND
1. The name of the Society shall be The Jewish Historical Society of England.
2. The objects of the Society shall be 😕
(a.) The promotion and organisation of research into, and study of, the history of the Jews of the British Empire ;
(b.) The transcription of documents and the collection of materials relating to Anglo-Je wish history ;
(c.) The publication of such documents and materials, as well as of treatises, relating to Anglo-Jewish history;
(d.) The formation of a Library and Museum for the pre? servation of archives of Anglo-Jewish congregations and institutions, and of documents, books, prints, and relics relating to Anglo-Jewish history ;
(e.) The organisation of lectures and the publication of works on general Jewish history and literature.
3. The Society shall consist of Subscribing Members, Honorary Members, and Corresponding Members.
4. Provincial and Colonial Members may, with the sanction ofBecome a member to read the full article
Other articles within the volume
- THE JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND
- Tallies and Receipt Rolls
- Some Medieval Notes
- Racial Origins of Jewish Types. Presidential Address (1920)
- Perkin Warbeck and His Jewish Master
- Reflections on the History of the Anglo-Jewish Community. Presidential Address (1920)
- Hebrew Loyalty under the First Four Georges
- Ephraim Luzzatto (1729—1792)
- The Legal Position of the Jews in pre-expulsion England, as shown by the Plea Rolls of the Jewish Exchequer
- Special Taxation of the Jews
- Proposals for Special Taxation of the Jews after the Revolution. Presidential Address (1918)
- The Peace Banquet