Judaica Publications by R. D. Barnett (1909-1986)
1 ‘The Mantles’ (With A. F. Kendrick) pp. 51-60; ‘The Scrolls’, pp. 61-4 in R. D. Barnett (ed.), Treasures of a London Temple…a descriptive catalogue …of the Spanish and Portuguese Synagogue (London 1951) 68 pp. 20 pis.
2 (ed.) Catalogue of an Exhibition of Anglo-Jewish Art and History in Commem? oration of the Tercentenary of the Resettlement of the Jews in the British Isles. Victoria and Albert Museum, 6 January-29 February 1956. 124 pp. 44 pis.
3 (ed.) Exposition Bibliografica Sefardica Mundial. Bibloteca National, Madrid. (Catalogue) 18 November-19 December 1959. 173 pp. 10 pis.
4 The Bevis Marks Synagogue (London 1970) pp. 1-3.
5 The Bevis Marks Synagogue (With Abraham Levy) (London 1972) pp. 1-20, 17 figs.
6 (ed.) The Sephardi Heritage. Essays on. ..the Jews of Spain and Portugal (London and New York 19 71) Vol. 1. 4 pis. 2 maps as endpapers.
7 (ed.)Catalogue of theBecome a member to read the full article
R. D. Barnett
Other articles within the volume
- Dr Richard Barnett-a recollection
- The Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Eastern European Jewish immigrants in England: a quarter-century’s view*
- Lucien Wolf’s efforts for the Jewish communities in Central and Eastern Europe*
- Lyons versus Thomas: the Jewess abduction ease*
- From apology to revolt: Benjamin Farjeon, Amy Levy and the Post-emancipation Anglo-Jewish novel, 1880-1900*
- The Rothschilds and Disraeli in Buckinghamshire
- Agricultural land in Palestine: Letters to Sir Moses Montefiore, 1839
- Sir Moses Montefiore: a modern appreciation*
- The establishment of the Rothschilds as bankers*
- Isaac Disraeli and his quarrel with the Synagogue-a reassessment*
- The Jews Of Bath*
- Anglo-Jewish trading connections with officers and seamen of the Royal Navy, 1740-1820*
- Jewish medical students and graduates in Scotland, 1739-1862*
- Contacts between Jews in Smyrna and the Levant Company of London in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries*
- Voltaire and the Sephardi bankrupt*
- English contemporary opinions on the Sabbatean movement
- Mr Pepys’ contacts with the Spanish and Portuguese Jews of London*
- Judaica Publications by R. D. Barnett (1909-1986)
- In Memoriam Richard David Barnett CBE, MA, DLitt, FBA, FSA (1909-I986)
- Francis Bacon and the Jews: Who was the Jew in the New Atlantis?