JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND.
The Second Session of the Society has been marked by a continuance of the widespread interest which was aroused by its inauguration in 1893. The number of Ordinary Members is now about 225.
The first volume of the Society’s Transactions, which was issued in January 1894, has been favourably received both by Members and the Press.
Arrangements have been completed for several future publica? tions. The President has nearly ready for issue a volume of selected writings, bearing on the return of the Jews, by Menasseh ben Israel. This volume will be produced in facsimile, and will be adorned by au etching of Rembrandt’s portrait of the great Amsterdam Rabbi, and a facsimile of a petition presented to Cromwell by Menasseh in 1655 and signed by him, and the leading Marranos in London at the time. The Editor will add an Introduction. The Society has commissioned Mr. S.Become a member to read the full article
Other articles within the volume
- JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND.
- GASCON ROLLS.
- ANGLO-JEWISH COATS OF ARMS.
- PAUL OF BURGOS IN LONDON.
- HEBREW ELEGIES ON ENGLISH MONARCHS.
- A RAMBLE IN EAST ANGLIA.
- THE CONDITION OF THE JEWS OF ENGLAND AT THE TIME OF THEIR EXPULSION IN 1290
- IBN EZRA IN ENGLAND.
- HEBREW MELODY IN THE CONCERT ROOM.
- JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- INDEX to the contents of the TRANSACTIONS OF THE JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY: Volumes I to XII and MISCELLANIES PART I
- An Unusual Form of the Prayer for the Royal Family. 1826
- The Jews of Jerusalem in the Seventeenth Century: An English Account
- Chebrah Rodphea Sholom: THE SOCIETY OF “PURSUERS OF PEACE”: Notes upon the first Jewish Friendly Society in England.
- Jacob Benider: Moroccan Envoy at the Court of St. James’ (1772)
- A New Starr of Huntingdon
- The Ketuboth of Bevis Marks
- Inventory of the Property of the Condemned Jews (1285): Part of a Pipe Roll in the Public Record Office.
- The Case of Thomas Fernandes before the Lisbon Inquisition.
- Was There a Domus Conversorum in Oxford?
- Carvajal and Pepys
- Jewish Tallies of the Thirteenth Century
- Gamaliel Ben Pedahzur and his Prayer Book