It was decided recently by the Executive Committee of the Jewish Historical Society of England to print in its publications such original documents as came in the way of any of its Members, so that they might, in this way, be preserved and presented to the subscribers, in the hope of their being found useful by any one writing on the history of the English Jews.
few such documents, as a first instalment, are printed here. The first is a letter in French from the converts belonging to the house founded by Henry III., to his son Edward I., asking that the income granted by his father may be properly secured to them and that a warden may be appointed to look after their interests. Some day, perhaps, the answers of the King and the Chancellor to this petition may be found, and printed in a future number.
The restBecome a member to read the full article
C. Trice Martin
Other articles within the volume
- JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY OF ENGLAND.
- GASCON ROLLS.
- ANGLO-JEWISH COATS OF ARMS.
- PAUL OF BURGOS IN LONDON.
- HEBREW ELEGIES ON ENGLISH MONARCHS.
- A RAMBLE IN EAST ANGLIA.
- THE CONDITION OF THE JEWS OF ENGLAND AT THE TIME OF THEIR EXPULSION IN 1290
- IBN EZRA IN ENGLAND.
- HEBREW MELODY IN THE CONCERT ROOM.
- JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY
- INDEX to the contents of the TRANSACTIONS OF THE JEWISH HISTORICAL SOCIETY: Volumes I to XII and MISCELLANIES PART I
- An Unusual Form of the Prayer for the Royal Family. 1826
- The Jews of Jerusalem in the Seventeenth Century: An English Account
- Chebrah Rodphea Sholom: THE SOCIETY OF “PURSUERS OF PEACE”: Notes upon the first Jewish Friendly Society in England.
- Jacob Benider: Moroccan Envoy at the Court of St. James’ (1772)
- A New Starr of Huntingdon
- The Ketuboth of Bevis Marks
- Inventory of the Property of the Condemned Jews (1285): Part of a Pipe Roll in the Public Record Office.
- The Case of Thomas Fernandes before the Lisbon Inquisition.
- Was There a Domus Conversorum in Oxford?
- Carvajal and Pepys
- Jewish Tallies of the Thirteenth Century
- Gamaliel Ben Pedahzur and his Prayer Book